For emergencies, please call 9-1-1!
To report a non-emergency crime, please call 905-546-4925 or attend your nearest police station.
For more information on Reporting a Crime, click here.
155 King William St.
Box 1060, LCD1 Hamilton, ON
Reception: (905) 546-4772
Fax: (905) 546-3892
East End Station
2825 King St. E.
Reception: (905) 546-2929
Fax: (905) 546-2967
400 Rymal Rd. E.
Reception: (905) 546-4930
Fax: (905) 546-3830
Text with 911 Service for Persons who are Deaf, Deafened, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired
The Hamilton Police Service now offers Text with 911 service to persons who are Deaf, Deafened, Hard of Hearing or Speech Impaired (DHHSI). To initiate this service, DHHSI persons must:
- Have a compatible cell phone and active wireless subscription. Generally, 3G, 4G and GSM phones will support Text with 9-1-1. It is recommended that users contact their wireless provider to confirm their cell model is supported.
- Register with their wireless service provider to enable this service.
To use this service:
- Users will continue to call 9-1-1. A text sent to the digits 9-1-1 will not be delivered to emergency services. · As the 9-1-1 operator answers the call normally, they will also receive a notification that this caller’s phone is registered with the Text with 9-1-1 service.
- If no answer to the operator’s voice question is received, the operator will then begin sending text messages to the registered phone.
This service is currently only available to the DHHSI community. For more information about Text with 9-1-1 in Canada and how to register, visit www.textwith911.ca
Send Us an Email
Please note this email is only monitored Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. For emergencies, call 911 and for urgent matters, please call 905-546-4925.
Be sure to include as much of the following information as possible so we can direct your inquiry to the appropriate division:
- Location/date/time of the incident
- Member's name/badge/employee number (if known)
- Details of what happened
- Your name and contact information
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamilton Crime Stoppers
If you have a tip regarding a crime or suspected criminal activity, please visit the Hamilton Crime Stoppers site or call 1-800-222-TIPS (1-800-222-8477). Your anonymity is assured and you may be eligible for a cash reward.
To report child pornography found on websites online, please visit http://www.cybertip.ca and file a report there. Cybertip.ca is Canada's national clearinghouse for this type of complaint and the appropriate agency will be notified if investigative progress can be made by Cybertip staff. If you know of a child in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
Compliment The Service
If you've seen a member of the Hamilton Police Service going above and beyond the call of duty, or if you're just satisfied with the service you have received from an officer, we want to know about it!
Please click here for more information.
- Date modified: