17-Year-Old Arrested for Daytime Shooting
Hamilton Police have charged a 17-year-old male in relation to a daytime shooting last Friday.
On Friday, June 3, 2022 at 12:45 p.m., Hamilton Police were called to the area of Dartmouth Gate and Galileo Drive in Stoney Creek for possible shots fired. Police arrived and confirmed that a shooting incident did take place however no physical injuries were reported. Two suspects were last seen leaving the area in a 4-door, grey vehicle. As a result of an investigation police identified, arrested and charged a 17-year-old male.
The male is charged with the following offences:
- Discharge Firearm with Intent
- Point Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Occupant of a Motor Vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Two Counts Fail to Comply with Release Order
- Fail to Comply with Youth Sentence Order
- Possession Contrary to Order
Hamilton Police would like to thank the public for their assistance and cooperation throughout this investigation. We continue to encourage those with information regarding this incident to please contact police as the vehicle and second suspect have not been identified.
If you have any information that you believe could assist police with this investigation you are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Candace Culp at 905-546-2907 or the on duty Staff Sergeant at 905-546-2963.
To provide information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at "http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com"http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com__