Hamilton Man Arrested For Trafficking Drugs
Hamilton Police have arrested a 31-year-old Hamilton man in relation to trafficking illicit drugs. He will appear in court on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, to answer to several drug charges.
On Tuesday, February 18, 2020, shortly after 6:00 p.m., Hamilton Police responded to the area of Cannon Street East and Ottawa Street North, for community complaints regarding a male conducting drug transactions in public. The male was located and through investigation, police determined the information to be true. He was arrested, searched and found to be in possession of various illicit drugs, paraphernalia and other evidence to support trafficking drug offences.
The male was taken into police custody where it was learned he was bound by a court order. His arrest signified a violation of that order. He was subsequently released and is scheduled to appear at the John Sopinka Courthouse on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, to answer to several drug-related charges.
Hamilton Police have seized drugs and paraphernalia which are being held as evidence.
- Psilocybin - 22.1 grams
- Cannabis – 96.5 grams
- Cannabis oil – undisclosed amount
- Black hashish - 45.6 grams
- Flavoured THC – 420 grams
- Cannabis "shatter" – 6 grams
- Undisclosed amount of Canadian currency
- Cell phone
Hamilton man, 31-years-of-age
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Psilocybin
- Possession over 30 grams of dried Cannabis in a public place
- Possessing Cannabis for the purpose of selling
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000
- Fail to Comply with Probation
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime, you are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Jason Cattle at 905-546-3887.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com