Man Charged with Threatening Landlord with Firearm
Hamilton Police have arrested a 23-year-old Hamilton man for threatening his landlord with a firearm.
On Wednesday, June 19, 2019, shortly after midnight, Hamilton Police responded to a 9-1-1 call of a man threatening his landlord at a residence in the area of Hamilton Avenue and Concession Street, Hamilton. Police learned that a male tenant pointed a firearm at his landlord and utter a death threat.
The male was arrested at the residence and charged with threatening death and several firearms offences. The firearm was located at the scene by Police and seized as evidence. The male was taken into custody and appeared in court on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
The landlord was not injured during the incident.
- Daniel Robert MACKENZIE (23-years-old)
- Threaten Death
- Point Firearm
- Careless Storage Firearm
- Possession Modified Firearm
- Possession Prohibited Firearm
- Possession Firearm While Prohibited by Court Order (X3)
- Possession Modified Firearm – No Licence
- Possession Restricted Firearm – No Licence
- Possession Ammunition While Prohibited by Court Order (X2)
- Fail to Comply Probation (X5)
If you have information that may assist Police with this incident please call the Division 3 Criminal Investigation Bureau, Detective Constable Fabiano Mendes at 905-546-8967 or Detective Sergeant Marco DelConte at 905-546-3851.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com
For further media inquiries contact Hamilton Police Service Media Office.