Second Youth Involved in Cannon Street Shooting Charged
Police have made a second arrest involving a parking lot shooting at Tim Hortons on Cannon Street East and Sanford Avenue North shortly after 10:00 p.m., on September 23, 2019.
On October 25, 2019, shortly after 6:00 p.m., Hamilton Police Gangs and Weapons Enforcement Unit (GWEU) were in the area of Madison Avenue when they observed a suspect from the shooting that occurred at Tim Horton’s on September 23, 2019, he was observed exiting a residence and left in a vehicle. When police stopped the vehicle the suspect fled on foot towards Park Street South and Bold Street in Hamilton, where he was quickly arrested. The male had in his possession a loaded semi-automatic handgun and a quantity of drugs.
The youth was transported to Central Station and charged in relation to the shooting along with a series of firearm and drug-related offences. He also had two outstanding warrants from Peel Region. He was held for bail the next day.
Charged: 17-year-old male from No Fixed Address
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm – Loaded x 2
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/ Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Point Firearm
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm x2
- Firearm – Use during an offence
- Assault with weapon
- Discharge firearm with intent
- Tampering with the serial number of Firearm
If you have any information that you believe could assist the Police with this investigation, you are asked to contact Division 10 Staff Sergeant at 905-546-3833.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com