The ACTION Team is made possible through funding obtained from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services under the Provincial Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy (PAVIS). PAVIS aims to reduce illegal gang, drug and weapons activities in communities by focusing on intervention, prevention, enforcement and community mobilization.
The ACTION Teams consist of teams of officers who are deployed on foot and bicycle patrol. The officers are deployed based on an ongoing analysis of locations, crime trends, and offenders which will ensure that the ACTION Teams are in the right areas at the right times.
Hot spot analysis was used to assist in deployment strategies. Hotspot analysis is a statistical technique used to identify incidents that are concentrated within geographical areas over time. Identifying crime hotspots and analyzing both neighbourhood and crime characteristics within these areas are critical pieces of information for fighting crimes.
The ACTION Teams are focused on:
- Reducing Violence and Disorder in our neighbourhoods.
- Increasing Safety in the Community.
- Improve the Quality of Life for all.
The key to the success of this program is a need for the community to take their own ACTION. The ACTION Teams will help resolve crime and disorder and create a void. The Hamilton Police Service will then work with communities to assist and empower members of our community to fill that void.
A safe neighbourhood needs everyone to be involved. Here is how you can help:
- Do something positive in your community.
- Build connections with your neighbours.
- Use the public spaces in your neighbourhoods.
- Tell a police officer, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, about the crime and disorder in your neighbourhood.
Action Staff Sergeant – (905)-546-2003
- Date modified: