The Hamilton Police Service Auxiliary Unit is part of an International Award-Winning Branch of the Hamilton Police Service, and is made up of Civilian Volunteers who assist Police Constables in the course of their duties. As an Auxiliary Member of the Hamilton Police Service (HPS), you will serve in uniform and will be called upon to perform tasks such as community-based crime prevention, traffic control, or patrol duties in community events like parades and fairs, while working towards achieving your professional goals (28 members have achieved their professional goals of becoming a Police Constable/Cadet since 2013).
- Auxiliary Members are required to volunteer a minimum of twelve (12) hours of duty per month.
- Typical shifts range anywhere from four (4) to twelve (12) hours, including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Attendance at professional development training is mandatory.
- Must be prepared to make a two (2) year commitment from the time training ends (Note: You are permitted to enter into the application process for Police Constable during this time).
- Gain experience and skills in a policing environment
- Make a valuable contribution to our community and its members
- Invitation to the Annual HPS Volunteer Appreciation event and National Police Memorial
- Sample Job Description - Auxiliary Police Const (145 KB)
For helpful tips on completing the NEW OACP PREP Test please click: Watch Video
A pass is 2 minutes and 37 seconds or less for the pursuit portion and stage 7.0 on the shuttle run.
- Date modified: