The Hamilton Police Service is comprised of over 1100 sworn and civilian members. They serve a community population over 500,000 which include a diverse population representing several ethnicities around the world.
If you are looking for an exciting career in Policing and would like to serve your community, please join the Hamilton Police Service as a New Sworn Constable.
As an organization, we are committed to reflecting the demographics we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. The Hamilton Police Service is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants.
Do you meet the minimum qualifications?
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Are you a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada?
- Do you have a Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma or its equivalent?
- Do you have a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License that permits you full driving privileges in Ontario?
- Do you have or are willing to obtain before hiring your CPR and First Aid certification?
- Do you possess a valid OACP certificate?
Yes: Go ahead and apply through the link below
No: For information and instructions visit
New Constable Recruitment Process/Steps
1. Complete Application and upload your resume and OACP certificate.
2. Personal Information Questionnaire (PIQ) to be completed within 48 hours of receipt.
3. Interview Day –This will include:
- A written component
- An Informational Interview
- A Behaviour Based Panel Interview
4. Background Investigation - Your transcripts, references, employment, etc. will be reviewed and validated by our Background Team. The Background process will continue throughout the process.
5. HPS PREP test.
6. Psychological Assessment
7. Panel Interview
*Some of the steps may occur out of order, but all are required to become a Police Constable with the Hamilton Police Service.
Are you ready to apply?
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: