If this is an emergency and you need a police officer, please call 9-1-1 immediately. Reports by email, texting or social media are not accepted as they're not monitored 24/7.
Online Reporting Requirements
- The incident must have occurred within Hamilton.
- The value of the property lost or stolen must not exceed $5,000.
- You must have a valid email address.
- The incident does not involve lost or stolen licence plates or stolen passports.
- There is no suspect information (e.g., name, licence plate, photo). If you have a suspect, (e.g., name, licence plate, photo) contact Police at 905-546-4925.
Exception: Hate/bias motivated incidents and sexual assault online reporting allows for suspect information to be included in an online report
Not all reports can be made online. Some reports require in-person reporting.
What Can Be Reported Online
Damage to Property
Damage to Vehicle
Theft from Vehicle
Hate/bias Motivated Crime
We review all cases filed through the Citizen Online Police Reporting System and we may contact you with any questions about your report.
Reports for lost or stolen licence plates must be reported to Police in person.
Reports for stolen passports must be reported to Police in person. If you have lost your Canadian Passports in Canada, you must report it to Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Passport Program. The report needs to be submitted by phone at 1-800-567-6868, or in person at the nearest Service Canada Passport Office.
If the value of the property, lost or stolen, exceeds $5,000 contact our Non-Emergency Line at 905-546-4925.
If the incident took place outside Hamilton, call the police service in the location where the incident took place.
If there is more than one victim, contact our Non-Emergency Line (e.g., your wallet was stolen which also contained your child's library card).
- Date modified: