Note: If you are reporting a Sexual Assault, please click here
Welcome to the Hamilton Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred within the City of Hamilton (including Dundas, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Flamborough and Glanbrook)
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a provincial highway (i.e. 403 or QEW)
You should NOT file an online report if any of the following is true:
- There is a known suspect - includes a description from yourself or a witness, or image(s) captured on camera.
- You are in possession of any evidence
- The value of the property loss, damage or theft is valued at GREATER than $5,000
- You are reporting the theft of a motorized vehicle, such as a car or motorcycle
- The incident occurred outside the City of Hamilton
- Someone broke into your home, garage, shed or business
- It involves a motor vehicle collision
- The loss or theft involves firearms, weapons, drugs (prescription or illegal), any Government-issued personal identification documents (i.e. passport), cheques, or accessible parking permits
- This is related to any form of personal violence, including domestic violence
- The incident involved any kind of graffiti
If you answered yes to any of these points, please call us at (905) 546-4925 to speak to a police dispatcher, or attend a station in person to have an officer take your report.
If your incident qualifies for an ONLINE report, we require the following:
- The report must be filed by the OWNER, or authorized representative, of the damaged, lost or stolen property
- You must have a valid e-mail address
- You must complete the incident address information (i.e. where the incident occurred) and your contact address information
- You must provide your driver's licence number, ownership and insurance information (if applicable to the report)
Once you have provided the required information, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you have any questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Once your report has been approved, you will receive an official police report number by e-mail.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting
- Date modified: