If you would like to make your views known about a matter being considered by the Hamilton Police Services Board, you may do so via written correspondence or deputation request.
You may submit your written comments by mail, fax or Email:
Mail: Administrator, Hamilton Police Services Board, 155 King William Street, Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1A7
Email: [email protected]
Please note that your comments will be included as part of a Police Services Board public meeting agenda, which will be made available to members of the public as well as the media. Correspondence must be received by the Administrator no later than ten (10) business days prior to the meeting date.
If you would like to make a deputation to the Police Services Board at one of our public meetings, please follow these guidelines:
- Provide written notice to the Administrator no later than seven (7) working days prior to the next regularly scheduled Board meeting. Deputation requests are listed on the next appropriate Board Agenda for consideration and it is not necessary for you to be present at this meeting
- Following the Board meeting you will be contacted by the Administrator to advise if your request was approved or denied
- While COVID-19 public gathering restrictions are in place or until further notice, verbal deputations to the Police Services Board are being held virtually through the Webex platform. If your request is approved, you will be provided with possible dates to schedule your presentation as well as information on how to access the Webex meeting either by phone or video. Please note, Webex video participation requires compatible computer or smartphone technology and an application (app/program) must be downloaded by the interested party in order to participate. It is the interested party’s responsibility to ensure their device is compatible and operating correctly prior to the meeting.
- During the deputation no person shall:
- Speak disrespectfully of any person
- Use offensive words or language
- Speak on any subject other than that which has received approval by the Board
- Disobey the rules of procedure of the Chair of the Board
- Deputations shall be limited to five (5) minutes and the Administrator shall time the presentations
Please note: under The Police Services Act, Part V - Complaints and Disciplinary Proceedings, the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD) outlines a process for the public to lodge complaints related to the policies of or service provided by the Police Service, or about the conduct of a Police Officer. The Police Services Board cannot receive a delegation if the subject matter relates to such a complaint. Further information can be found at www.oiprd.on.ca
For more information about deputations to the Hamilton Police Services Board, please see our Deputation Policy
- Date modified: