The Hamilton Police Service (HPS) is committed to providing quality service to the community. The HPS Paid Duty Program allows clients to hire off-duty officers on a contract basis to provide a police presence at their events. If your event takes place on City of Hamilton property you will be required to apply for approval from the Special Events Advisory Team (SEAT). SEAT is an inter-departmental event approval body mandated by Hamilton City Council. For more information on planning an event please visit the SEAT website for contact information and helpful tips and suggestions in regards to your event.
Organizers may hire off duty police officers for dances, parades, festivals, sporting events and other duties which are outside our regular patrol parameters.
- Alcohol related events require the minimum of 2 officers.
- Each officer at any particular event will be hired for a minimum of 3 hours.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy in effect. Paid duties not cancelled prior to the 24 hour time frame are subject to a minimum 3 hour payment for each police member booked for the paid duty.
- Services will only be provided in hourly increments.Any part hours will be invoiced as full hours.
- Also applied is a 15% administration fee, plus 13% H.S.T.
- Click on 'Paid Duties Contract' to download forms. Please complete Parts A & B, sign page two and email to:PaidDuties@hamiltonpolice.on.ca for processing.
- Each application is reviewed by a senior officer prior to approval. Please clearly state what the anticipated duties will be for the attending officers.
- Payment is due and payable in full upon completion of the Paid Duty. In some instances, payment may be required prior to the event. Payment can be made by cheque, payable to Hamilton Police Service - 155 King William Street, Box 1060 LCD 1, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 4C1, Address to the attention of the Paid Duty Co-ordinator. Credit card payments (Mastercard/VISA only) accepted by calling the Office at 905-546-4366.
Hamilton Police Service - Special Events & Paid Duty Office
Monday through Friday.- 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
After Hours - Urgent Requests only
905.546.4725 and ask for the S/Sgt. on duty
- Date modified: