Citizens' Police College
Registration closes Friday, September 21, 2018.
Citizens' Police College is an exclusive opportunity for individuals with professional or personal interest in policing to acquire knowledge on police issues, practices and operations with the Hamilton Police Service. Thousands of citizens have participated since Citizens' Police College opened its doors in 1997. The course requires a six week commitment. Classes begin Thursday, October 4th, 2018 and run every Thursday from 6:00pm - 8:30pm, at Central Police Station, 155 King William Street in Hamilton. Enjoy presentations from expert police service staff on a wide variety of topics. Successful participants receive a 'Certificate of Completion'.
See additional details below - Citizens' Police College Handout
Registration is now open! There is no cost for enrollment.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
To have your registration application accepted you MUST complete two steps:
1) Complete the Citizens' Police College Registration Form and email it to Heidi Balcomb at: email@example.com
2) Complete the Citizens' Police College Consent to Disclosure Form. You must bring the Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information Form, along with two (2) pieces of acceptable identification (see below for acceptable ID) to the Hamilton Police Service Records Business Centre located at 155 King William Street, Hamilton, between the hours of 8:30am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Present your Consent Form and two (2) pieces of acceptable personal Identification. This process allows a security check to be completed. Note: There is no fee required to have the Disclosure form processed by the Hamilton Police Service.
The deadline for registration is September 21, 2018.
If your application is accepted, you will be notified via email.
Photo Identification Standards (Government Issued)
- Driver’s License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver’s License
- Canadian /~Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- International Student Identity Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
- Federal, provincial, or municipal employee identification card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
- Health Card (with photo)
- Student Card (with photo)~
- NEXUS CARD
A second piece of ID may include the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Immigration Documents
- Marriage Certificate
- Ontario Age of Majority Card
- Student Card (with photo)
- Employment I.D. (with photo)
- Vehicle Insurance or Ownership
- Utility Bills or Government mail with your name and current address
- Date modified: