Working in the sex trade can make you a vulnerable target. The Hamilton Police Service are asking women to exercise caution and be vigilant for your personal safety while working.
- Check in with someone you know regularly
- Let someone know where you are working and if you have to leave the area
- Have a safety plan should a dangerous situation occur
- Avoid secluded areas
- Try to work alongside someone else so they can see who you are with/what vehicle you are in
- Always carry a functioning cell phone
- Trust your instincts!
- Report bad dates to the police and/or someone you trust
- Be aware of Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assaults
If you have been a victim of crime, contact the Hamilton Police Service at 905-546-4925.
|Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre||
|SACHA Sexual Assault Centre||905-525-4162|
|Elizabeth Fry Society||905-527-9037|
|Chrysalis Anti-Human Trafficking Network||866-528-7109|
Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault (PDF 225 KB)
Dont Be That Guy (PDF 146 KB)
- Date modified: