Arrest Made in Robbery Spree
Hamilton Police have arrested a 39-year-old Hamilton man in relation to several commercial robberies. The male will appear in court tomorrow to answer to robbery charges.
Over the course of three days, five commercial robberies were committed in the west end of Hamilton, Ancaster and Dundas areas. During these incidents, the suspect entered the business and made a demand for money while brandishing a metal bar. He would then flee the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash and store property. No employees were physically injured during these incidents.
The Hamilton Police BEAR Unit has investigated these robberies, identified and arrested a 39-year-old Hamilton man. He was taken into police custody without incident and is expected to appear in court on Thursday, September 12, 2019, to answer to several criminal charges.
- Gas Station, King Street West/New Street – 2019/09/09 approx. 2:00 a.m.
- Restaurant, Main Street West/Emerson Street – 2019/09/09 approx. 4:30 a.m.
- Convenience Store, King Street West/Longwood Road South – 2019/09/09 approx. 7:30 a.m.
- Convenience Store, Wilson Street West/Fiddlers Green Road – 2019/09/09 approx. 10:45 p.m.
- Gas Station, Garth Street/Mohawk – 2019/09/11 approx. 3:15 a.m.
- 39-year-old man from Hamilton
- Robbery X5
Hamilton Police are asking anyone with information to call Detective Constable Patrick Cole at 905-546-3886 or Detective Sergeant Andrea Torrie 905-546-2991 of the BEAR Unit.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com