Collision Results in Both Drivers Arrested for Impaired Driving
Hamilton Police are reminding drivers, ‘Impaired is Impaired.’ Two drivers, both from Hamilton were arrested for impaired driving this morning after police were called to the scene of a motor vehicle collision.
On Monday, November 1, 2021 Hamilton police were called to the area of St. Joseph’s Drive and John Street South for a two vehicle collision.
Upon arrival, shortly after 1:00 a.m. police determined the drivers of both vehicles were operating a motor vehicle while impaired. They were subsequently arrested, vehicles were impounded and drivers released with a future court date.
Hamilton police are reminding our community if you see something, say something.
Here are some signs of an impaired driver:
- Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
- Making exceptionally wide turns
- Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
- Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
- Disregarding signals and lights
- Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
- Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on
- Driving with windows open in cold or inclement weather