Concerned Citizen’s Call to Police Results in Drug Dealer Arrest
A 28-year-old Hamilton man will appear in court today to answer to several criminal charges after a concerned citizen contacted police about a suspicious vehicle.
On Monday, May 13, 2019, shortly after 11:00 p.m., Hamilton Police received information from a concerned citizen about a suspicious vehicle in the area of Napier Street and King Street West. The vehicle was located and police investigated the two occupants, a male driver and female passenger. The male attempted to mislead police by failing to properly identify himself. He was arrested, searched and found to be in possession of an undisclosed amount of Methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. The continued investigation revealed the presence of other illicit drugs, evidence to support drug trafficking and an airsoft handgun with ammunition.
A background check of the male confirmed he was bound by several court orders and his arrest signified violations to the orders. He was taken into police custody and is scheduled to appear at the John Sopinka Courthouse today to answer to several charges.
- Cocaine powder-15g
- Crystal Meth-18g
- Hydromorphone pills-2 X 30mg
- Oxycodone pills-X6
- Airsoft handgun with metal pellets-ammunition
- Several items of drug paraphernalia
- Male 28-years-of-age, from Hamilton
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Possession of controlled substance-Methamphetamine
- Possession of controlled substance-Hydro Morphon,
- Possession of controlled substance-Oxycodone
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking- Cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking- Methamphetamine
- Fail to comply recognizance x 5
- Fail to comply probation x 2
- Disobey court order x2
- Possession of weapons for dangerous purpose
- Possession weapon contrary to order