Drug Investigation Concludes with $1,000,000 Seizure
Five adults and one youth were arrested after a drug investigation in the east end of Hamilton. During the investigation, a substantial amount of drugs were seized along with other evidence to support a large scale drug trafficking operation.
In early April 2020, members of the Hamilton Police Service Vice and Drugs Unit commenced an investigation into drug activity at a residence in the area of Kenilworth Avenue North and Cannon Street East, Hamilton. During the coming weeks, police obtained information which confirmed the trafficking of illicit drugs. An application was submitted to the court system requesting search warrants for properties related to the investigation.
On the morning of Friday, April 17, 2020, police executed search warrants and seized drugs, cash, replica firearms and drug paraphernalia.
Four adults were arrested and they appeared before the courts later that day. One female youth was also arrested and she is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, to answer to her charges. Police concluded the investigation on Friday night with the arrest of one outstanding party.
Resources from the Vice and Drugs, Emergency Response, Heat, Youth Office, Gangs Weapons and Enforcement, Criminal Investigations Branch, uniform patrol and Intelligence Unit collaborated to successfully conclude the investigation which has resulted in the seizure of illicit drugs with a value exceeding $1,000,000.
This investigation represents one of the largest seizures of Crystal Meth, Heroin and Fentanyl in Hamilton. The total weight of drugs seized exceeds 5 kilograms with most being packaged for immediate sale.
- Undisclosed amount of Canadian currency
- Replica firearms X4
- Cell phones
- Khizar ALI, male, 33-years-of age from Toronto
- Jody LEITCH, female, 38-years-of-age from Hamilton
- Daniel HOLLAND, male, 37-years-of-age from Hamilton
- Muhammad SADIK, male, 22-years-of-age from Pickering
- Ashley MACDONALD, female, 33-years-of–age from Hamilton
- Female, 17 years-of-age no fixed address
ALI, LEITCH, HOLLAND, SADIK, MACDONALD & female youth
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Fentanyl
ALI, LEITCH & SADIK
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Hydromorphone
- Possession of proceeds of crime over $5,000
CHARGES - ALI
- Fail to comply recognizance X2
- Fail to comply probation X3
CHARGES – LEITCH
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000
- Fail to comply probation
CHARGES – HOLLAND
- Fail to comply recognizance
- Fail to comply probation
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime you are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Jason Cattle by calling 905-546-3887.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com