Drugs and Firearm Seized After HTA Violations Overnight
Two overnight vehicle stops led to the arrest of two adult males from Hamilton and the seizure of a firearm, ammunition, cash and illicit drugs.
Throughout the evening of Wednesday, December 29, 2021 and the early morning of Thursday, December 30, 2021, Hamilton Police patrol officers were able to observe two different vehicles in the downtown area in violation of the Highway Traffic Act.
In both incidents there was a strong odour of fresh cannabis emanating from the vehicle.
Through further investigation, police determined that in both of these separate non related traffic stops the drivers were in possession of illicit drugs, large sums of Canadian currency and other evidence to support the trafficking of illicit drugs.
· Cocaine - 253 g
· Crack Cocaine - 7.9 g
· Fentanyl - 21.1 g
· Cannabis - 284 g
· Hydromoph pills -138 pills
· Codeine pills - 396 pills
· MDMA - 66 g
· GHB - 309 g
· Canadian currency - $5,700
· Firearm - Glock 22 Pistol
· Cell phones
· Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm
· Prohibited Firearm - Loaded/Unloaded
· Possession for the Purpose – Cocaine
· Possession for the Purpose – Fentanyl
· Possession for the Purpose – Other
· Proceeds of Crime Over $5000
· Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling (Cannabis Act)
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com