Drugs Cash and Stolen Property Located During Proactive Investigation
Two men will appear in court later today after a proactive investigation revealed they were in possession of illicit drugs valued at nearly $16,000 and stolen property.
On Monday, July 27, 2020, shortly before 1:30 p.m., Hamilton Police observed a white BMW sedan in front of a residence in the area of Wellington Street North and Wilson Street. At that time, two male occupants exited the vehicle and entered the residence. An investigation into the status of the vehicle revealed the licence plates were recently reported as stolen. A few moments later, one of the males returned to the vehicle, opened the trunk and removed another set of licence plates. He was arrested without incident, the second male noted the presence of police and fled back into the residence. During the search of the residence police located another male hiding. He was found to be in possession of an airsoft handgun and flare gun with active flares. He was arrested after police learned there was a warrant for his arrest. The male who fled into the residence was able to escape through a rear exit. Police continue to work on establishing his identity.
As police continued the investigation of the male at the BMW, they located evidence to support the trafficking of illicit drugs. The male was advised he would be facing additional drug-related charges.
The two males were taken into police custody and are scheduled to have their matter addressed at the John Sopinka Courthouse later today.
- 29-year-old Hamilton man
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Heroin
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Methamphetamine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Hydromorphone
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Oxycodone
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
- Possession of stolen property under $5000
- Fail to comply probation X3
- 45-year-old male of no fixed address
- Fail to comply with release order
- Warrant execution
- Purple Heroin - Approximate value of $10,260
- Crystal Meth – Approximate value of $5000
- Hydromorphone – Approximate value of $90
- Oxy's – Approximate value of $400
- Flare gun and flares
- CO2 air pistol
- Ontario licence plates
- Undisclosed amount of Canadian currency
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime you are asked to contact the Division One Staff Sergeant’s office by calling 905-546-4725.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com