Firearm Charges Laid After Violent Threats Made
Hamilton Police safely arrest a 30-year-old male after he threatened to shoot a female.
On August 4, 2020, shortly after 9:00 a.m. police responded to the Husky Gas Station on Limeridge Road East in Hamilton to a male and female arguing inside. Police arrived and located a visibly upset female indicating concern for her wellbeing after violent threats were made by her boyfriend.
The female told police she ran from her Limeridge Road residence seeking a place of safety at the nearest public location when he threatened to shoot her. The male followed her to the gas bar with a long gun shoved down the front of his pants.
Police attended back to the residence and located the male exiting the front door. The male did not comply with Police directions and after a physical interaction, Police deployed a conductive energy weapon (CEW) to bring the male under control.
The male was safely placed under arrest. Police located ammunition his pocket and a loaded 12 gauge shotgun inside the residence.
The male was arrested and brought down to central custody with his bail opposed.
Charged: Male (30-years) Hamilton resident
- Utter Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Assault Level 1
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/Weapon
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon
- Mischief Under $5000 (Damaging Property)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Firearm or imitation – Use of during an offence
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition
If you have information that can assist in this investigation please call Detective Sergeant Marco DelConte at 905-546-3851 at Division 3, Criminal Investigation Branch.
To provide information anonymously please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com