Gun and Drugs Found Inside Storage Locker
A Hamilton husband and wife were caught storing two assault rifles and a million dollars in street drugs in their rented storage locker and residential property.
On April 5, 2020, shortly before 3:30 p.m., police received a report of a weapon found inside a storage locker. Uniform patrol attended the Pritchard Road facility and located a gun, ammunition and drugs. The items were seized and further investigation commenced in order to identify the owners of the illegal merchandise.
Items inside storage locker:
- Israeli Assault Rifle
- Cocaine – (value - $198,000)
- Heroin – (value - $2000)
- Chemicals used to manufacturer cocaine
- Large Vacuum (industrial oven)
- Pyrex containers
Guns and Gangs continued with the investigation and located the two owners of the storage locker living at 150 Charlton Avenue East in Hamilton. Throughout the day on April 6, 2020, Police conducted surveillance and observed the male leave the apartment building. He was safely arrested in the area of Upper Gage and Fennell Avenue East. The other owner was arrested at an address on the Hamilton Mountain. They were both brought into custody with their bail opposed.
Investigative units continued to work together and executed five search warrants on two vehicles, a storage locker and two apartments that were associated with the accused.
Collectively the warrants located:
- Five Tupperware containers - 1kg of meth in each (value - $750,000)
- Sten MK2 submachine gun
- Loaded magazines
- Bear spray
Two Hamilton residents have been charged with the following offences.
Charged: Calvin Leung (male, 38-years-old) Hamilton resident
Charged: Phoenix Stewart (female, 35-years-old) Hamilton resident
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm x 2
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a prohibited device x 2
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Trafficking for the purpose - Cocaine (value -$198,000)
- Trafficking for the purpose – Methamphetamine (value - $750,000)
- Trafficking for the purpose - Fentanyl (value - $5280)
- Trafficking for the purpose – Heroin (value - $1,980)
- Possession - Cocaine
- Proceeds of crime over $5000.00 x 2 ($15,200 cash)
* Street value of drugs is approximate*
Additional Charges for Calvin Leung:
- Possession of a firearm knowing the possession is unauthorized
- Possession contrary to order x 4
- Possession – Fentanyl
If you have further information on this crime, please call Detective Sergeant Jason Cattle at (905) 546-3887.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com