Hamilton Police Continue to Investigate Suspicious Vehicle
Hamilton Police continue to investigate a suspicious vehicle that was observed in the area of Chilton Drive in Stoney Creek.
On Tuesday, December 27, 2022, at approximately 1:00 p.m. a dark grey or black sedan with tinted windows approached a youth and a lone male driver engaged in conversation. The youth walked away and the vehicle fled westbound on Chilton Drive.
The suspect is described as:
· White, pale in complexion
· 50-60 years-of-age
· Wearing a buttoned shirt
If you have information about this incident or can identify the suspect vehicle you are asked to contact Detective Amberlee Rodgers at 905-546-2919.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com
These guidelines will help you to protect yourself and your family in reducing crime and maintaining a more secure and safer environment.
- Know your name, address and phone number
- Learn how and when to call 911
- If you are scared of someone, run to safety
- Avoid any shortcuts when you are walking from one place to another
- Have a "call list" and know how and when to use it
- Let your parents/guardians know where you plan to be
- Never talk to people online without your parent/guardian permission
- Never accept anything from anyone unless you have permission from a guardian or the person looking after you.
- NEVER get into anyone’s car or go anywhere with anyone – even with someone you know, unless a parent or caregiver has given permission
- Walk on well lit streets near the curb and away from alleys, particularly, if you must walk alone at night.
- If you suspect you are being followed, go to the nearest well lit place or populated area, and yell if necessary to attract attention.
- Work hard to establish trust and communication with your children
- Make sure you know how to find or contact your children at all times
- Take an active role in your children's activities
- Be aware of which social media platforms and apps your children are using.
To learn more about safety measures for your children, you can visit the following websites:
NeedHelpNow - Provides guidance on steps to take when dealing with cyberbullying and online exploitation.