HPS Executes Search Warrant at Hamilton Mountain Residence
Hamilton Police have arrested and charged a 19-year-old Hamilton resident after a search warrant was executed at a Mountain residence.
On Thursday, January 3, 2019, just shortly before 9:00 p.m., members of the Hamilton Police Service Division 3 HEAT Unit executed a CDSA search warrant on Upper Wentworth Street on the Hamilton Mountain.
Members of the Division 3 HEAT Unit received information about suspected illegal drug trafficking from a residence near two schools that was also the location of a 2018 home invasion and shooting. As a result of this information, an investigation was initiated. On Thursday, January 3, 2019, the Division 3 HEAT Unit obtained a CDSA search warrant to enter and search the Upper Wentworth Street residence.
Hamilton Police have arrested and charged Zachary Ellis 19-years-old, and seized a quantity of cocaine, MDMA, oxycodone, money, and weapons.
The following items were seized:
- Approx 4 ¼ ounces of packaged cocaine
- Approx 17g of packaged MDMA
- Several pills of oxycodone
- $1730 of proceeds of crime
- A prohibited drive stun style Taser
- Multiple prohibited knives hidden around the home
- Other evidence including mobile phones, documentation, scales, equipment and packaging all consistent with illegal drug trafficking
- Total value of items seized approximately $15,000
The following charges were laid as a result of this investigation:
- CDSA 5(2) - Possession for the Purpose – Cocaine
- CDSA 5(2) - Possession for the Purpose - MDMA
- CDSA 5(2) – Possession for the Purpose - Oxycodone
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime
- Possession of Prohibited Weapons x 5 (drive stun Taser and four knives)