Illicit Drugs Cash and Prohibited Weapon Seized in Proactive Investigation
The proactive investigation of a suspicious vehicle led to the arrest of a 29-year-old male and the seizure of illicit drugs, cash and a prohibited weapon.
On Saturday, July 18, 2020, shortly after 6:30 a.m., a Hamilton Police officer on proactive patrol observed a Nissan Rogue SUV parked in a lot in the area of South Service Road and Centennial Parkway North. The vehicle was running and the driver appeared to be slumped over the steering wheel.
Through continued investigation, police formed the grounds the male was impaired by a drug and he was arrested without incident. A search of the driver’s area within the vehicle revealed he was in possession of illicit drugs, cash and a prohibited weapon. The male was informed of additional criminal charges based on the possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking.
The male was taken into police custody and held for a bail hearing on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
- Canadian currency $1100
- Fentanyl undisclosed amount
- Methamphetamine undisclosed amount
- Brass knuckles
- 29-year-old male of no fixed address
- Possession of a prohibited weapon – Brass knuckles
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle - Drug
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Fentanyl
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Methamphetamine
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
- Fail to comply with release order
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime you are asked to contact the Division Two Staff Sergeant’s Office by calling 905-546-2963.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com