Impaired Driver and Firearm Taken Off Streets
Hamilton Police responded to complaints of an impaired driver and located a sawed-off shotgun.
On Sunday, February 12, 2023, at approximately 5:00 a.m., Hamilton Police received reports of a possible impaired driver in the area of Barton Street and Sanford Avenue.
Hamilton Police responded to the area, located the vehicle and after investigation, arrested the driver for impaired driving. During the search of the vehicle, police located a sawed off shotgun.
The 37-year-old male driver has been charged with;
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired by Drug.
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm.
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon.
- Occupant of a Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm.
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm.
- Fail to Comply with a Probation Order X2
Thank you to the members of the community that recognized the signs of an impaired driver and took action to report it to police. By doing so, you helped stop a possible collision that could have injured or even killed someone.