Loaded Firearm Taken Off Streets
Hamilton Police have arrested a 23-year-old man of Hamilton in possession of a loaded firearm.
On Saturday, August 12, 2023, shortly after 04:30 p.m. a Hamilton officer observed a drug transaction occurring in an alleyway in the area of King William Street and East Avenue.
The individual involved attempted to evade police but was located and arrested. During the search of the suspect police found a loaded firearm.
Hamilton Police have arrested 23-year-old, Chngkouth John Makuag of Hamilton for the following charges;
- Prohibited Firearm - Loaded/Unloaded
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Possession Contrary to Order
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon - Gun
- Possession of Prohibited Weapon - Knife
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule I - Fentanyl
- Possession for the Purpose of Schedule I - Methamphetamine
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule I - Cocaine
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000 - Canada in and out
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime, please contact Division One Criminal Investigation Branch at 905-546-3833.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com
This is not the end. Hamilton Police will continue to engage with our community, police partners and share information in order to provide community safety. The citizens of Hamilton need to continue to feel safe in their communities and as a community we need to stop gun violence.
If you see something, say something, public safety is a shared responsibility, in which both citizens and police have important roles.