Make Safe Task Force Executes Warrant
Hamilton Police remain committed to addressing gun violence and the illegal drug trade through the recently formed Make Safe task force. A search warrant has been executed by the task force that resulted in the arrest of a Hamilton man and the seizure of illegal drugs, replica firearms and ammunition. The male will appear in court on March 22, 2019.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2019, Hamilton Police Service executed a search warrant at an east end residence in relation to illegal drug activity. During the search, Hamilton Police seized a large quantity of Cocaine with a street value of $45,000, two replica firearms, ammunition, an undisclosed amount of Canadian currency and drug paraphernalia.
A 34-year-old Hamilton man has been arrested and will appear in court on Friday, March 22, 2019, to answer to drug and firearm-related charges.
- 450 Grams of cocaine (street value $45,000)
- 2 replica firearms
- One clip for a .22 cal firearm loaded with ammunition
- One clip for a 7.62 cal firearm loaded with ammunition
- Several more rounds of 7.62 ammunition
- Drug paraphernalia
- Undisclosed amount of Canadian currency
- Robert MAY, male 34-years-of-age from Hamilton
- CDSA 5(2) - cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5000
- Possession of a Prohibited Device x 2
- Possession of a Ammunition / Prohibited Device while Prohibited x 3