Male and Female Arrested for Possession of Guns
On July 25, 2020, police responded to a Fail to Remain - Domestic incident. The victim had a firearm pointed at her and her vehicle was rammed by the accused vehicle. The accused failed to remain at the scene.
The accused, Shane Murray 36-years, was arrested for various firearms-related offences.
On August 8, 2020, police received information that two firearms connected to the accused, Shane Murray, were located at 910 Barton St. E. Apt #3. A search warrant was sought and obtained for the residence.
Police seized the following items:
- Loaded SKS Rifle with a removed pin containing 14 rounds (762mm)
- Sawed-off Remington single-shot shotgun loaded with one round
Charged: Peter WASYLENKO (29-year-old) Hamilton Resident
Charged: Sarah SHEA (37-year-old) Hamilton Resident
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm x 2
- Possession of prohibited Weapon x 2
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm/Weapon x 2- Prohibited Firearm
- Loaded/Unloaded - Careless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition x 2
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime you are asked to contact East End Criminal Investigative Branch, Detective Constable Khalil at 905-546-2933 or Detective Sergeant Thibodeau at 905-546-2907.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at [ http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com ]http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com