Out of Towners Caught Cruising with Handgun
An occupant inside a silver Dodge Challenger brandished a handgun through a car window while cruising along the Barton Street East area of Hamilton. Police located and arrested two out of town residents.
On January 22, 2020, shortly after 1:00 a.m., Police located the reported suspicious vehicle travelling westbound on King Street East and Hughson Street South. The car was followed into a Pioneer Gas Station lot. One male exited the vehicle and briefly went inside the gas bar. When police approached the male outside he started acting suspiciously which brought some concern to the officer. The officer then observed a butt end of a gun sticking out of a hip sack which was tucked under his arm. The 20-year-old male was placed under arrest. A fully loaded 45 Caliber handgun, magazine and money were seized from the male.
The 26-year-old driver of the Challenger was subsequently arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm and found to be breaching a probation order.
The two males were brought into Central Custody with their bail opposed.
Charged: Terrell Jamil Philbert (20-years-old) York, Ontario
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport of Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Tampering with the serial number of Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Prohibited Firearm – Loaded
Charged: Kirk Hosten-Alexander (26-years-old) Brampton, Ontario
- Possession Contrary to Order x 2
- Fail to Comply x 2
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Careless Use, Carry, Transport Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was a firearm
If you have any further information relating to this case please call Central Patrol Staff Sergeant’s office at (905)546-4725 or Gangs Weapons Enforcement Unit (GWEU) at (905)546-2364.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com