Police investigate reports of shots fired in East End
- Incident # 20-508856
- Police Investigate Reports of Shots fired Incident
- Hamilton Police investigated reports of a shooting incident in the area of Empire Court in the city of Hamilton.
- On Saturday the 11th of January 2020, shortly after 0340am, Hamilton Police received information about possible shots fired in the area of Empire Court. No injuries have been reported to police. Police were provided information that the suspect vehicle involved was a white Mercedes and had driven away. A vehicle matching that description was stopped by police leaving the area, and the 2 occupants were arrested without incident. Police located and seized a unloaded starters pistol, and an unloaded shotgun from within the vehicle. Police also recovered evidence to support the starters pistol was used causing the reports of shots fired.
- Police have charged
- 19 yr old male from Hamilton - multiple Firearm related offences
- 15 yr old female (YO) from Hamilton- multiple Firearm related offences, FTC YCJA
- Both parties have been held pending a Bail Hearing.
- If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this incident, you are asked to contact Detective Constable Knowles by calling 905-546-2930 or CID Staff Sgt at 905-546-2907
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com