UPDATE - Teen Suffers Serious Injury In ATV Rollover
The Hamilton Police have now completed the investigation into a serious collision involving a teenager on an ATV.
On Sunday, May 9, 2021, shortly before 9:00 p.m., a 13-year-old Hamilton teen was riding an ATV in a field in the area of Hwy 56 and Guyatt Road in the City of Hamilton. The ATV rolled over and pinning the teen underneath. The teen was trapped for an extended period before being located by family members. The teen was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The teen is expected to make a full recovery.
There will be no charges in this investigation.
The Hamilton Police would like to take this time to remind the ATV community of the following:
- The City of Hamilton has NO authorized trails within its city limits
- Riding is permitted on private property with the permission of the land owner only
- Young riders should always have adult supervision
- An ATV requires a plate and insurance to operate off your own property
- Always check your machine and keep it in good working condition
- Check oil, gas, other fluid levels, brakes and lights
- Impaired driving penalties are the same as driving any motor vehicle
Drive safe, ride safe.