Youth Arrested for Drug Trafficking
A traffic stop led to the seizure of illicit drugs, Canadian currency, evidence to support the trafficking of illicit drugs and the arrest of a 17-year-old man of Toronto.
On Thursday, February 23, 2023, shortly after 4:00 p.m., Hamilton officers conducted a traffic stop on a motor vehicle in the area of Queenston Road and Nash Road.
During the investigation, the passenger of the vehicle provided police with multiple aliases, until the identity of the individual was confirmed and officers came to learn that the passenger was on conditions to remain out of the City of Hamilton, except for appearance in court.
Police located the following during a search of the vehicle and passenger;
- Approximately 12.4 grams in Fentanyl
- Approximately 4.5 grams in Cocaine
- $1013 in Canadian Currency
- A broken revolver starter pistol
The passenger, a 17-year-old man of Toronto, has been charged with;
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Controlled Substance – Cocaine
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Controlled Substance - Fentanyl
- Proceeds of Crime under $5000
- Breach of Undertaking
The 17-year-old man of Toronto has been held for a bail hearing.
If you have any information that you believe could assist Police with the investigation into this crime, you are asked to contact the Division Two Staff Sergeant Office by calling 905-546-2963.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com