Fatal Collision Investigation Concluded With Second Driver Charged
The investigation of a fatal collision has been concluded with both drivers being criminally charged.
On June 3, 2020, shortly before 10:00 p.m., a 19-year-old male was driving westbound on Airport Road in a 2016 Honda Civic with three passengers. The Honda entered the intersection and struck a 2011 Ford Escape driven by a 41-year-old male travelling northbound on Nebo Road. The occupants from both vehicles were transported to the hospital with serious injuries. One female passenger in the Honda succumbed to her injuries.
A joint investigation involving the Hamilton Police Service and the Niagara Regional Collision Reconstruction Unit initially resulted in criminal charges being laid against the driver of the Honda. Through continued investigation, the second driver in the collision has now been charged with alcohol-related offences.
- Saleem KIRCHEL, 41-year-old male from Hamilton
- Impaired Operation of a motor vehicle
- Impaired Operation while Blood Alcohol Concentration exceeds 80mg
- Bulend Dikici, 19-year-old male from Hamilton
- Criminal Negligence causing Death
- Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm x 3
- Novice Driver-Blood Alcohol Concentration above Zero
For media inquiries please contact Detective Sergeant Matthew Whiteley of the Niagara Regional Police Service (Collision Reconstruction Unit) (905)688-4111
Email: [email protected]