Hamilton Police Service Reopening Stations
After closing police stations in March 2020 due to COVID-19, Hamilton Police Service is now reopening its stations to the public beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
With the reopening, visitors to Hamilton Police stations will see some changes to how we do business. Visitors will need to answer a series of COVID screening questions, wear a mask during their visit and sanitize their hands before entering the station. Where possible, everyone is encouraged to use our online reporting tool or records check.
Hamilton Police Stations are open to the public during the following hours:
- Central: 24 hours from Monday to Sunday
- East End: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Sunday
- Mountain: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Sunday
Collision Reporting Centres
Collisions can be reported at either the East End or Mountain reporting centres. Please note, collisions can no longer be reported at Central Station.
- East End: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday
- Mountain: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday
Non-criminal fingerprinting is available at Central Station by appointment at 905-546-4977. Due to high demand, there may be delays in scheduling an appointment.
Freedom of Information
Requests can be submitted Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In person records checks are available at Central Station. We continue to encourage residents to apply for online records checks.
- Central: 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday
In an emergency
Call 9-1-1 in emergency situations such as life threatening situations or crimes that are in progress.
For non-emergency situations, call 905-546-4925.