Hamilton Man Arrested In Possession of Loaded Shotgun
Hamilton Police have arrested a 57-year-old man of Hamilton, after police located a loaded shotgun.
On Monday, October 3, 2022 at noon-hour, Hamilton Police received reports of a suspicious individual with a handgun outside a convenience store in the area of Barton Street East and Melrose Avenue North.
Hamilton Police responded to the area and secured the handgun and suspect. Upon seizing the handgun, police were able to determine it to be a realistic looking replica handgun.
As a result of the search conducted after the arrest, police located drug paraphernalia, an axe in the suspect’s waistband and a loaded sawed-off shotgun.
The accused, Michele Marinilli, a 57-year-old man from Hamilton, has been charged with the following charges.
· Carless Use, Carry, Transport, Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Ammunition
· Possession of Weapon for dangerous Purpose
· Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Prohibited Firearm- Loaded/Unloaded
· Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
· Possession Contrary to Order X 3
· Breach of Firearms Regulation
· Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
· Possession Schedule 1- Methamphetamine
This is not the end. Hamilton Police will continue to engage with our community, police partners and share information in order to provide community safety. The citizens of Hamilton need to continue to feel safe in their communities and as a community we need to stop gun violence.
Public safety is a shared responsibility, in which both citizens and police have important roles.